29 January, 2007

Bollywood actor Shilpa Shetty has won the Big Brother

Bollywood actor Shilpa Shetty has won the UK reality TV show Big Brother with an overwhelming 67 per cent majority.

Shilpa Shetty wins Big Brother

Shilpa walked out of the Big Brother's house amid fireworks and cheering crowds. She thanked them and said "Thank you, I love you. Chicken Curry rules."

She chose a red tunic with jeans this time around as against her pink Tarun Tahiliani sari, the day she entered the house.

Not only has the actress won the prize money of 100,000 Pounds, the show has also given her international recognition and offers of all sorts have started pouring in from abroad.

The winner of the reality show is the person who survives and is not voted out by viewers.

"I found it a lot easy to make friends while participating in the Big Brother Show," said Shilpa Shetty.

Earlier, an overwhelming majority of the viewers voted Shilpa's nemesis Jade Goody out rather than Shetty. But Goody emerged from the studio to see herself a celebrity of sorts and demonised by some.

"I am scared about going to the end of the show. I am in two minds because of the stuff that has happened to my house. I am justified in being really scared and nervous but I guess I will go to accept all the boos that I have not got before," Jade Goody, Contestant, Celebrity Big Brother.

Shilpa Shetty's mother Sunanda, sensing the star's ascending popularity, has hired UK's biggest publicist to cash in.

Shetty, who wasn't really top of the charts in Bollywood, is now globally sought after --- interviews, a cricket reality show, advertisements and who knows, even a Hollywood deal.